Thursday, July 19, 2012

JD's Father's Day Present

JD has been wanting a chocolate lab for quite awhile now.  I finally accepted the fact that everybody wanted a dog but me.  So I started searching KSL and the rest of the internet trying to find one.  Chocolate labs are hard to find, they sale so fast.  After 3 months of looking I found a litter in Roy and decided to go ahead and get it for Father's Day.  Only problem was that I found her in May and Father's Day wasn't until the middle of June.  I took the girls to go and play with the puppy every week after tumbling.  Lexie was so good at keeping our secret (which is amazing because she tells dad everything)!  One day I got a text from JD saying he found a litter and wanted to go look at it.  He had already called the guy and was almost ready to put a down payment on one.  I decided we needed to go and get the puppy early, because I did not want to have two dogs!  We went and picked up the puppy, she was born on Easter so she was 9 weeks old and just as cute as could be.  We surprised JD at work, and surprised he was!  I don't know who loves the dog more JD or the girls.







Both girls love Indy.  They play outside for hours.  They take her on walks  and in the morning instead of coming and getting in bed with us, they go straight outside with the dog!


No comments: