This last week as been really hard for our family. I have learned again (and I say again because I just seem to forget) that God has a plan and knows what is best for us. I am the type of person that has to plan everything. I know what I want and when things don't go as I have planned, well I get humbled. I realize I am not in control of everything, there is a bigger plan. Someone who can see the big picture is in control and I need to be ok with that. I really can't complain about God's plan for me so far. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful daughter. So I am trying to be patient.
I have been thinking about this the last couple of days, because on Wednesday JD and I learned that our baby didn't have a heart beat. I was 13 weeks along and the baby had stop growing at 9 weeks. Needless to say it was a really hard couple of days. I had a D & C on Thursday and am now feeling better.
Thanks to JD for taking off work and staying with me. For being able to give me a blessing and just letting me cry. Thank you to my mom for coming up and doing everything I had planned to do in those couple of days. I don't mean just cleaning and taking care of Lexie. She bottled all of my peaches (34 quarts) and did all my freezer corn for me. She is an amazing mom, I only pray that I can be even half the mom she is. Thanks to all of our family and friends for your thoughts and prayers.
12 comments:
Hey Callie!
I was sad to hear your news. In fact, I am crying right now. It is true . . . the Lord knows best and sometimes He allows us to feel a little pain now, so we can know greater joy later! That's why life is exciting. We can look forward with joy! He loves you so trust His plan! We will be praying for you guys as you go through this.
Love you! Kristen
Callie-I am so sorry. I know exactly how you are feeling right now. It is really hard to deal with, but just know you have a lot of friends who are thinking about you & praying for you right now. Love you!
Gods plan is amazing. I have to tell you one of the hardest things that I have had to give up in my life is control. I know the only thing I really have control over is my attitude and it has helped me completely to trust in the Lord. It isnt always easy but I do know that HIs plan for us is far better than any plan we could create for ourselves. We love you and continue to pray for you and your family.
Im sorry again Cal. Love you to death and will keep you in our prayers.
Oh sweetie, that is awful. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss and hard time. These things happen and I'm so sorry you had to go through this. You have my prayer that you get through it. Don't stop trying you will have another child when it is the right time. Best of luck. love you.
I'm so sorry! I can't ever imagine how that must feel. Your mom is amazing! And I know you will be just like her.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Callie, I'M SO SORRY! It's hard to say I know how you feel, because I don't. It is so different for everyone. When I look back 8 years ago that was the last thing I wanted to hear. Because no, no one knew exactly what me and Mike were going through. It was good to have the love and support from everyone. But I think it was good to know that it was okay to hurt! To not always try and be strong. It was time that finally made things okay for me. And like you said to trust in the Lord. It was this year that I FINALLY came to peace with what happened. If you are interested in that I made a post in April about it. Hang in there Callie! I will be praying for you!
I'm so sorry. I'm sure you are probably tired of hearing that, but I really dont know what else to say. I heard about it on Sunday and have been wondering how you were doing. We are thinking about you guys and will keep you in our prayers. I agree your mom is amazing. We have such a great family.
Callie,
We just love you! We are blessed to have you.... seriously. You are just like your mom.... and you know what and amazing person she is. I wish you lived closer...
Love you guys
Kim
I also often forget {I} am not in charge and that we are here to be tested! I am sorry for your loss. I am glad your mom was there to help and support you. You'll be in our prayers.
autum
Cal, I am so very sorry. I haven't seen you or talked to you for so long but I still feel like your are such a dear friend. I couldn't help crying as I read this post. I am so very sorry. Life is so hard sometimes.
I have always wanted to be like you, ever since our 7th grade band class (wow I have all but forgotten about our clarinet days). But you are an amazing person, one I have always admired. JD is so blessed to have you. I wish I could do something for you, but please know that you are in my prayers.
Callie...my snow volleyball buddy! I'm so sorry to hear that, I DO understand what you're going through and it's hard. You've got the right perspective though. Hope things look up....and your little girl is such a cutie! Take care. Kristi (King) Barnes
Post a Comment