Lexie and I spent the last week in Fairview. I went down to help my mom prepare for about 30 house guests. All of my uncle Bill's kids and their kids were staying at my mom's for the funeral. We went down a little early so we could spend Halloween there. Lexie wasn't so sure about the trunk-or-treating, but she did love the candy. Friday and Saturday we cleaned the house, made room assignments, and dinners. Even though I was cooking and cleaning all week it was actually fun just to be able to help my mom (heaven knows she has helped me more than once). All the cousins arrived on Saturday and the house was not quiet again until Wednesday afternoon. My mom's house had some many people in it Lexie and I had to stay at Brett and Kim's for the weekend. It was fun to get reacquainted with my cousins. I had not seen most of them for about eight years, I had never met most of their kids so it was fun. It was fun to take the little kids on 4-wheeler rides and watch them as they saw snow for the first time. Lexie had a hard time with all of the people and was really clingy but we made it through the week. The funeral was really nice. It was great to learn new things about my uncle Bill, he truly was a great man. He will be missed by many.
After being away from home for so long it was nice to come home. Lexie ran to JD and hugged him for about a minute (that is eons in "Lexie" time).
We are now at home and it is really quiet. Lexie keeps asking me where grandma is, were grandpa is, were Payton is, were Tori is, were Kim is, she even asked me were Casey is (she doesn't like Casey very much). Needless to say she has been very bored today.
2 comments:
I know you were probley really busy so it sounds, but I wish I would have known that you were in town I would have come to see you. I'm just here in MT pleasant still probey untill middle of December.
We loved having you here Callie. Payton keeps thinking we're gonna go to Grandma's and play with Lexie. And she's asked me a few times if Callie's sleeping upstairs. I don't know what your mom would have done without you, honestly.
Post a Comment