This weekend JD planned an early anniversary celebration. He planned it all by himself and didn't tell me what we were doing. All I knew is that we were going down to St. George. We left Thursday afternoon and after a long ride made it to St. George. Lexie was so excited to be in warm weather and especially be out of the car. We met my parents for dinner. Friday JD and I headed for Vegas leaving Lexie with my parents. He had made reservation at Lavo. This is a really nice restaurant were you have to order everything separate. Like you order your meat and sides separate. We ordered an appetizer which sounded kind of like beef kabobs (that is what we were both picturing). Well it came and and we both just stared at it, it was a paper thin piece of raw beef with some green leaves on it. We had no idea how to eat it and I wasn't sure I wanted to eat raw meat. We decided to at least try it, the first bite was a shock and we didn't like it but kept eating and by the end we both really liked it.
Being prego I of course had to use the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom and there is this huge table full of seven different kinds of hairsprays, gel, lipstick, chapstick, gum, mints, suckers, cigarettes, crackers there was everything. My first thought, man I need to stock up, second thought, I really have to pee. I go into my own fancy little toilet room, when I am done I walk out and there is a lady standing right there. Yep, scared me to death. I walk over to the sink and can't figure out how to turn it on. There is no handles or faucet, so I am standing there looking all over trying to figure out how to turn the dang sink on. The lady then looking at me and I know she was laughing on the inside, asks if I need soap and gives me some soap. Again I am standing there not knowing how to turn on the sink. She then clears her throat and says the pedals are on the floor. Oh, why didn't I look there! So I step on the pedal and water comes shooting down from the ceiling. Right again, it scared me and I jumped. This made the lady laugh aloud. Needless to say I made it out of the bathroom alive and made JD go check out the mens to see if it was the same.
Our main course and sides were delicious and we ate to much. After dinner I still didn't know what the plans were. JD just kept me in the dark, really until we were standing in a line. He had gotten tickets to Phantom of the Opera. I absolutely love Phantom and have been dying to see it in Vegas. Our seats were on the second row right in the middle. It was amazing. I loved every minute of it. It was the best performance of Phantom I have seen. JD is not at all a "play" going guy but he did think it was kind of cool. He just knew I would love it and he was totally right.
So I would just like to thank my wonderful husband for a great night out. I love you.
10 years ago
3 comments:
That is so neat. He definately deserves an award. I loved the bathroom story. Did you stock up?
Awesome!I'm glad to hear you had so much fun!!!
So funny. I was laughing out loud when I read it. Probably way better in person.
Post a Comment