This year was the perfect year to do something for my dad he couldn't do himself. He recently had a heartattck and a stent put in. He is on doctors orders not to put any strain on his heart. So this year for Father's Day we decided to dig out the grass around all the trees in their yard so they can put bark down. Dad has wanted this done since they moved in about 6 years ago. For those of you who don't know, my parents built a house in the orchard on the farm. Hence all the trees. We started out thinking every adult could dig around 2 trees and that would get about 30 trees done. Well I think they ended up doing around 50 or so trees with about 20 to go. I say "they" because I didn't do much digging, I did however help pick up and load the sod after it had been cut. Hopefully this will cut down on the yard work and keep it looking nice.
Me, Mom and Jenny loading the truck.
Kids playing with their new puppies. Who would have ever thought that everyone in my family would have a dog (but us of course).
P.S. Thanks for the pics Brandi
4 comments:
You bet. I am glad that you took the time to label them. It was fun thanks.
I had no idea about your dad. I am so sorry. How is he and your family doing? I will keep him in our prayers. We should get together again sometime.
I had no idea about your dad. That is scary! What a great family project! I'm sure he LOVE that!
What a cool activity doing things for your dad is the best!
Post a Comment