Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Girls Camp

Girls Camp was awesome. No other way to describe it. The girls in my ward are amazing and so fun to be around. We didn't have any drama the entire time! We camped for 5 days, yes 5 days is a long girls camp, but we made it. To summarize: We were up at 6:45 if not earlier every morning and in bed by maybe 2:00 AM every night (well technically morning). We had an awesome speaker on Tuesday night her name was Elizabeth Craig. We had a faith walk one night and the stake leaders talked to us another night. Our testimony meeting around the campfire was amazing. We stayed up too late and made too much noise the missionaries had to come and talk to us leaders (oops).
If I didn't have a testimony of girls camp before this I sure do now. I learned so much from my young women. They are outstanding girls and great examples of the kind of people we should all want to be.
I have hundreds of pictures but I am only posting a few.
The girls got to use canoes the leaders used paddle boats.
My beautiful cousin Tara got to come with me. Yes I am wearing a onsie! I was the trail guide, so I dressed the part. You have to have comic relief on hikes.
We did the ropes course and zip line.
Me and my awesome camp director Tosha
Cabin #1B aka coolest cabin!

1 comment:

Malinda said...

I'm glad you had fun. Those girls are lucky to have such awesome leaders!