Thursday, July 17, 2008

We Teach Them Young


Growing up my mom would give us chores to do around the house. I always thought she was the luckiest person because she had so many kids to clean so she never had to do anything. All moms know this certainly was not the case. None the less that is how I saw it as a little kid. I decided then and there that I could not wait to have kids just so they could clean my house. I am not quiet to the numbers my mom had, but I have started Lexie cleaning already. She dumped her water on the kitchen floor so I made her wipe it up. The only problem with this is, now she thinks it is a game and tries to dump all her drinks on the floor. She will sit and shake her sippy until there is a little drop on the floor, run to get the dish towel and wipe it up. I guess the one good thing is at least she cleans it up!

3 comments:

Marva said...

Hey Callie,
I got to your blog from Janille. How fun you are a blogger now! I love the pictures. Lexie is gettin so big!The never ending task of teaching kids to clean.lol Wait til they get old enough to ask you "What's your chore" lol. Brandi told me about the Bear Lake trip.It was fun to see the pictures. Such a fun way to keep in touch. Here is my blog to add to your list:http://shaunandmarvafamily.blogspot.com/

Emilee said...

Hey Cal, I can't believe how big Lexie is getting. her hair is getting so light too. She is a doll, just keep her cleaning as long as she is willing. As for my favorite memory. I loved when you came and stayed with me at Weber State. I had so much fun having you up there and felt so close to you. Definitely Hawaii and having boyfriends on missions helped as well. You are the best! You have also always been so good to come and visit when I am in the hospital and i can't tell you what that has meant to me.

Syme Family said...

Callie,
I just got your blog from Janille and Natalie too. It's so fun to see how you are doing. I haven't seen you forever. Your little girl is so cute. It's so fun to finally be at the same stage of life as you guys and to have kids the same age.
I always remember as kids following Natalie and all her friends around everywhere. You guys probably got so sick of me.