Wednesday, February 18, 2009

V-day a Little Late!

Lexie and I made sugar cookies for Valentines Day. Oh, boy was she a big help. She wanted to cut out everyone by herself and put it on the pan by herself. When it came time to frost the cookies she was so excited she could hardly contain herself. I made a glaze that you dip the cookies in in stead of a thick frosting. I thought this would be a fun change. The thing I didn't think about was the bigger mess it would cause. The glaze was very runny and Lexie had it everywhere. When she wasn't eating spoonfuls of it, she was dragging across the table trying to get it on a cookie. Even though we had a really big mess, it was fun just to let her do everything herself.
So cute and innocent
I had to take off her pants because they were literally dripping with glaze
Some of the cookies that survived
I started cleaning up before I realized I needed a picture so this is the partial mess

No comments: