Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Air Force Museum

Today was Lexie's Preschool field trip to the Hill Air Force Museum. She loved it. Lexie is so detail oriented. She wants to know everything about everything. The old guys in the museum really didn't know what they were getting into when they asked if she had any questions! We didn't really stay with her class because Lexie asked to many questions and they moved on without us. We had three of the old men following us around answering Lexie's every questions. One guy even opened the back of one of the helicopters so she could walk around in it. I finally thought all her questions were answered, the old men left right when Lexie heard a plane flying over the building. She asks, "mom what kind of plane is flying over the building?" I answer her, "probably a really big one." That was not the kind of answer she was looking for. She then said we had to go find one of the old men to ask. She walks right one to one of them and asks what plane is flying over the building right now? He was really good with her a took her to see the F-16 on display and answered yet again more questions. On our way out Lexie wanted to know what a missile was? I told her it was used to blow up things. She asked what blow up was? I told her the planes would drop them on buildings and they would start on fire. She looked at me and said, "why would you do that, that is so mean." She also wanted to know why planes needed guns and what bullets were? I was stuck at how to answer these questions. I mean really how do you explain war to a child. Luckily it was treat time and I didn't have to explain it, but knowing Lexie it will come up again because she never forgets anything.

She thought it was so funny to paint a plane to look like a shark.
Her class
The little peddle plane she got to ride
Pilots hat.
This is suppose to be an old time pilots helmet, doesn't quite fit her.
They have a room full of mannequins wearing uniforms and helmets. She didn't want her picture by them because she was scared to turn her back on them!

1 comment:

dcscrivy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Lexie is a very smart girl. I hate those heavy questions that 3 year olds aren't supposed to ask about. How is Brynlee, can you guys get together soon?