Monday, August 8, 2011

Camping!

On Sunday night we decided to go up on North Skyline Drive and go camping. My mom and dad have a new motor home and we needed to break it in. We packed like we were staying for a week but we were only staying one night. We grilled hamburgers for dinner and then did cupcakes and ice cream for Brynnlee's birthday. She loved opening presents, ripping paper without getting in trouble. She wasn't to sure about the candles but she ate two cupcakes minus the frosting. Yeah, weird a kid who would rather eat the cake and not the frosting! We sat around the camp fire and laughed all night. Being with family in mountains is awesome. The next morning we decided to hike to the Anderson swing and take our last rides on it before it was taken down for good. Mom and dad took the babies in the truck and the rest of us hiked. JD sprained his ankle trying to watch out for Lexie, but he was a trooped and finished the hike with a huge ankle. We all went of the swing one last time. I took Lexie off the platform with me. She was excited and all for it until I put her on my lap at the top and she looked down. Be the great mom that I am I just jumped off. She was screaming the whole way "I don't like this, I don't like this." She did go off the bottom by herself and loved it. JD took Brynnlee off the platform and she actually liked it, which is weird because she is scared of everything. We all piled in the back of the truck to go back to camp. We fixed lunch and then cleaned up and headed home.
Lexie, Payton, MissyKate, Josh and Jake on the ride home.
Brynnlee of the way home, she was so tired.
Me and Lexie going on the swing.
Lexie going by herself.
JD and Brynnlee on the swing.
Love Cousins.
B blowing out her candles
B opening her presents.
Opening another present with lots of help from cousins.

1 comment:

Malinda said...

What a fun trip! I like cake without frosting too. I usually scrape it off before I eat the cake. My kids think I am CRAZY.