Monday, June 9, 2008

Cold Weekend in Paris

We went up to Paris this weekend and it was cold. I guess it wouldn't have been so bad if the wind wasn't blowing constantly. OK, so when we first pulled up to the house Lexie started freaking out because she knew that is where the horses are. The first thing she does when I put her down is start pick grass because that is what we do when we feed the horses. The thing is she goes for the short grass and if she is lucky gets two blades and heads over to the horses. This is why we can never let her outside by herself because she heads straight to the horses with two blades of grass in her little outstretched hand. The horses will either bite her hand or sometimes they think her hair is food. So we end up picking handfuls of grass and helping her feed them, she doesn't care that the wind is blowing like crazy and we are all freezing. When we take her inside the corral she doesn't just want to pet and feed them, she wants to sit on them. But sitting on just one is not enough she wants to sit on all of them. Well since it was so cold she didn't get to go outside and feed the horses much. She stands on the cooler by the window and and talks and points to the horses. We could always tell if the horses were coming up toward the house, Lexie would start screaming and hitting the window. Poor Lexie, she got a stubborn gene from both JD and I so she would usually stand on the cooler until one of us would give in and take her out to feed the horses. I guess it is not so much poor Lexie, but poor us! She doesn't give up easily on anything, the horses are just one example.

Here are a couple of pictures of her standing on the cooler talking to the horses.

1 comment:

Malinda said...

she is so totally cute. I'm sure she is a handful but an adorable one. sounds like your life is fun and full of fun suprises. I'm excited for you. Have a great day!