Thursday, October 21, 2010

Korea. Meeting Seulgi and arriving in Busan

We met up with Seulgi and her husband and little boy. JD had taught her on his mission and has kept in touch through the years. It was fun to meet them. It really helped JD to talk with her in Korean . It was nice for me that her husband was Canadian and spoke english. JD was really nervous about not being able to remember any Korean but it came back to him pretty fast. Seulgi was so nice and took all our luggage to the train station for us so we didn't have to carry it on the subway. We bought tickets on KTX (their fast train) and went and got some dinner.
Callie, JD, Seulgi, Mark, baby, Melanie, John (my cousins that went with us).
The restaurant. Man I love Korean food! I miss it already, surprisingly I miss kimchi!

We rode the train to Busan and John and Melanie went to Taejon. It took us about 2 1/2 hrs to get to Busan. It is like going from Logan to St. George the train travels about 200 miles/hr. It really didn't feel like we were going that fast it was awesome. When the train stopped in Busan a little korean guy starts banging on the window yelling "Parry, Parry, Parry". Yeah, I laughed out loud, it was hilarious. The guy yelling was Dong Il . He was a friend of JDs from the mission who wanted to tour us around Busan. He had arranged a Motel for us right by the station. It really wasn't bad for only $30 a night. It was a bright pink room and had a lime green bathroom. I only saw 2 cockroaches in 5 days there. The bed took up the whole room and was like sleeping on a board, but we did have a computer and internet in the room. Koreans don't waste anything. They had shut the air conditioner off for the season even though it was still hot. They have economy sized shampoo and conditioner that stays in that room until it is gone. A bar of soap that stays until it is gone. I was really glad I brought my own stuff. We dropped our stuff off in our room and went and ate and found a bus that would take us to Changwon in the morning for church.
Stay tuned . . . .

2 comments:

Malinda said...

Only 2 cochroaches. Fabulous! :)

Emilee said...

Im so glad you guys had fun and got home safe. Your girls are adorable! Lex is definitely a chatterbox, but its sooo cute. She is very concerned about her sister.