Thursday, October 21, 2010

Korea

This was one of the first things we saw when we were walking the streets
Nasty name for a drink, but it doesn't taste to bad
Seoul on the night we arrived
We finally made it to KOREA! We were crossing our fingers this time hoping we made it past the check in counter at the airport. We were very relieved when we did and we were sitting on the plane. It was the longest flight ever. We were on the plane for 13 hrs. Yes, 13 hours that is not a miss print. They fed us so much food and surprisingly it wasn't bad. We had our own TV's with 50 movies to choose from and lots of games to play. I think we both watched 3 or 4 movies. I was a little nervous when we landed, I had no idea what to expect. Even if someone told me what I would see and smell it would still shock me. People were everywhere and everybody was in a hurry. Really quickly I noticed people staring at me, I guess really blond hair stands out pretty bad! The time difference really messed with me, I am still trying to adjust. We left here on Thursday the 7th at 11:30 and arrived in Korea Friday the 8th around 5:30.
For our first night we were able to stay in a house the church owns. We wanted to stay in the temple and attend a session but the temple was closed for cleaning, so they let us stay in the house next to the temple. Now when I say next to the temple it is literally right next to it. It is attached to the gate that goes to the temple. We could look out our bedroom window and there was the temple. We walked around Seoul and found something to eat. I took lots of pictures of everything I saw.
The beginning of the flight
The end of the flight, yes blood shot eyes and big bags
Seoul Temple
View from our deck. We still look like crap because we didn't sleep all night, because our bodies thought it was daytime.
Lots of funny signs in English
More to come . . . .

1 comment:

Malinda said...

I love that the church let you stay in a house by the temple. And I love the "Motel Good Time" sign. Too funny! What a fun adventure. I can't wait to read all about it.